So ladies and gents I volunteered to report our
second/our-first-actual day of doing stuff. You’re welcome. I was told to start
at the beginning, ahem:
So we woke up.
It was cold but sunny, a rare exception in Germany I was
told, with an amazing blue cloudless sky. After packing up the caravan (who is
named Ludwig; that shall be explained later) like pros – it is our third time
and are fast to slip into old patterns – we were off to search for an
information center to get information about stuff. This is not my area of expertie
so you’ll have to excuse my lack of interest/knowledge on the subject. After doing this and that (aka searching,
getting kinda lost and lastly finding what was needed to be found) we had about
an hour before we had to hit the track to load up on supplies. We went to a
super market and had our first official German stocking up experience.
We spent a good hour doing just that. You know: running
around like a bunch foreigners trying to figure out what’s what and what’s
where.
Finally, after putting everything in its intended place in
dear old Ludwig, we headed to our track’s starting point, which just so
happened to be a cable car.
(in cable car. Check out awesome view reflected in dad's badass sunglasses)
(i.e.)
(ignore the dear grandpa, we waited for him to move, but he just wouldn't budge...)
We begun our
journey down the mountain towards the castle. It was a beautiful walk. The trees
were lush and the sky was clear blue and blinding.
And so we journeyed on.
And on,
and on.
After a while the boys (who were in charge of navigation)
realized we have strayed. Now I wasn't complaining, it was a nice walk
downhill, with a beautiful if a tad kitschy view – what’s not to like? But
there were two main issues: the first – we had a deadline. We had to reach the
castle by 2:15 to catch our tour. The second is this, and bear with me: most
think walking downhill is easy. Simple. Enjoyable. Most are wrong. After about
half an hour, it sucks. And I mean really sucks. We had to walk for another 2
hours down this exceptionally steep road (a 12 degrees road – I kid you not) along
the mountain side and that was not fun. Not at all. Our knees had to sustain
all our weight with our constant stumping downhill, our backs had to be held in
awkward angles in order to be straight and the worst (at least in my book) some
butt muscles that I wasn't aware existed got the workout of their lives.
But we made that walk like champs.
We reached the Disney castle (Hmm.. it seems I have forgotten to mention that this
castle was the castle that inspired Walt Disney’s legendary castle. The one on
the logo. Which if you ask me... is pretty cool seeing)
with minutes to spare and had our short tour. A quick review of said castle:
the castle was built by Ludwig the second (hence the name of the caravan) in
the 1860’s. It’s a relatively modern castle with beautiful artwork and amazing
architect all throughout. Sadly, poor Kind Ludwig the II got to live in it for
about half a year before he was announced mentally ill and mysteriously died
(probably suicide.)
After that and some more dreaded downhill travels, the boys
headed to retrieve Ludwig (Caravan) whilst the gals sat down on our sore bums.
We then drove to a nearby camp and got ready. That means Ido
set the RV up, dad got the food cooking, and mom and I went to the internet. We
all (except dad who apparently never sweats) had nice long HOT showers that
really hit the spot on our sour muscles. We had dinner outside, ate, talked,
and fell asleep like the dead. At least we kids did. I don’t really know what mom’s
and dad’s fate was because, well… I slept like the dead.
A word about the day after: our butts hurt like a mother.
(Dad smartly pointed out that most would not be aware of
what “like a mother” means, so I’ll translate slang and say simply that they hurts
a lot.)
Till next time
Ophir the first
No comments:
Post a Comment