Sum-up of
past few days by me and her:
אופיר ואני החלטנו
לכתוב פוסט ביחד.
So hi.
עבר כמעט שבוע מאז
הפוסט האחרון של עידו
Where he
mostly described in overbearing detail his trip with the folks.
אנחנו נשתדל לא לחזור
על הטעות הזו.
No offense
bro.
נהיה ענייניות
Like we’ve
been so far.
ביום שישי בבוקר
ירדנו מסיפלד לאינסברוק
It was our
first “big” city and was kinda boring.
היה ממש כיף (סתם,
אופיר צודקת, היה סתמי למדי)
Admittedly,
it was very… striking. We walked around the classic European town/city with
beautiful artwork and buildings, and in the background there just so happened
to be this huge range of humongous snow covered mountains.
But when you get over that… we we’re
no entertained by… walking about.
אז חתכנו לעיר קטנה
יותר, האל עם טירול וגם שם השתעממנו. אני לא זוכרת מה חיפשנו שם, אז המשכנו הלאה,
חיפשנו מקום לפרי קמפינג, כמובן רצינו ליד אגם, או נהר, או סתם בעמק יפה. בסוף
מצאנו את עצמנו במגרש חניה לאוטובוסים.
The next day
we walked around the cute town till we reached a place where we could rent
bikes for half a day.
מבסוטים יצאנו לדרך
It was
pretty cool. The night before it rained, but the day was sunny and crisp. We
rode along the river in a valley. (It should be mentioned that each and every
city/town we were in so far had it’s respectable amount of bikers – thus the
whole… navigating system is build to accommodate said bikers. ) so picture
this: a clear valley, a big comfortable bike trail along a crystal blue river,
and on both sides green mountain with movie-like sweet houses every now and
then. That’s where we rode, people.
אבל כמובן שזה היה
פחות רומנטי ממה שאופיר מתארת. ההתחלה היתה סבבית. בעיקר כי ירדנו לאורך הנהר.
It was
exactly as “romantic” as I described. Until we had to venture back. Aka –
uphill.
אז עניינים התחילו
להסתבך. שירה היתה על סף קריסה, אופיר קיטרה, וזה הספיק.
Let’s not
forget that Ido panicked from the current bug shower we had to ride through,
dad was grumpy because it was hard on us (not all of us are in tip top shape
like him, jeesh) and I’m sure mom had a fault there too.
אני הייתי מבסוטה.
בלי לעשות שום בעיות.
Sure.
Anyway,
moving on: after a hard bike journey (and I mean it was hard. I’m not just
saying that) we arrived back in the town and were rewarded with meat.
חלקנו
Dad took us
to the butchery that also served various meat sandwiches that were sublime. If
meat could be described as sublime.
Which it can’t - so I’ll say it
was pretty good.
חזרנו למגרש
אוטובוסים, אופיר התקלחה בסתר בלודוויג, שירה ועידו התקלחו בחוץ (אופיר שפכה עליהם
מלמעלה (בשביל זה היא היתה צריכה לעמוד על החומה, כי יש בעיה של גובה) מים
מבקבוקים שמילאנו בנהר שזרם לידינו, כי גם ליד מגרש אוטובוסים פה יש נהר)
We then took
off in search for our next destination. We drove up a mountain through an
endless amount of tunnels till we reached a huge dam that harbored a glistering
lake.
(the lake is right in front of us btw)
זה אומר שכבר שבת
בלילה.
It’s
important for me to mention that for some uncanny reason I had the need to
waltz across the damn (shout out to Shira who accompanied me). It took us close
to 30 min to walk all its way across and back and it was absolutely not worth
it.
אני לא בטוחה שזה
המקום לציין שכל ערב מסתיים בארוחת מדהימה שעמית מבשל לנו בקרוואן. זה המקום?
Next day
(Sunday)
we drove (again, back through all those
tunnels) to Europe’s biggest waterfall.
התחלנו לטפס.
חלקנו המשיך עד הסוף
וחלקנו חזר ללודוויג.
I’ll make
some corrections: after I convinced mom and Ido that this hike up another
effing mountain was dull (there were many people and the walk itself was no
very inspiring) and getting them to agree. We faced dad with the news that we
shall not continue. We of course encouraged him to continue the walk by himself
while we faithfully await his return. He took the news well, and carried on
with the hike. (Sorry to interrupt again,
but I want to remind you of the following:
1. We walk up
mountains a lot. Too much.
2. I am not in good
shape.
3. My butt still
hurt from my last post about our decent to the Disney castle.
4. My butt was
newly hurt from the damn bicycle trip
5. I do not like
walking up mountains. At all. Remember that for future reference.)
And yet, as
dad carried on up the mountain, his last dramatic words rang in my head “okay,
I’ll go up. It’s not every day we’re at Europe’s biggest waterfall). Damn him. I changed my
mind and started the hike once more.
לא נטרתי לאופיר על
הטריק שהיא בישלה. חוצמזה היא מתבגרת, עדיין לא יציבה, מנסה להרשים את אבא שלה
Some more
corrections:
1. Europe’s
“biggest” waterfall is a total sham. It’s lame. It’s not even a freaking
waterfall half the time! Just a river. Which, yeah – is nice and all. But I shouldn't have to climb a freaking mountain to see it.
2. Unlike mom’s
assumptions, we did not reach the top. We reached the almost top, saw the top
from there, and concluded it was not worth it. Because climbing sucks and the
scenery was eh.
3. Contrary to what
mom declared, apparently she did hold a grudge. Why you ask? It just so happened we reached
the not-yet-top top where they sold ice cream that Shira and I both craved
after our long and hard walk. But guess what? It seemed mom didn’t feel the
compassion to leave us a few measly Euros to treat ourselves. No grudge my ass.
משם נסענו לאני אף
פעם לא זוכרת את השמות של המקומות ועמית ועידו לא בסביבה ואין סיכוי שאופיר או
שירה זוכרות אז אני יכולה להמציא איזה שם או פשוט להודות שאני לא זוכרת.
הגענו לקמפ, התארגנו,
התקלחנו סוף כל סוף במקלחת נורמלית, וכמו בחלום רע כשיצאתי מהמקלחות עידו חיכה לי
מחוץ לדלת, עם שתי מטקות ביד וכדור פינג פונג וחיוך מתחנן
I read.
זה מה שאני רציתי
לעשות.
We then ate
dads righteous food and went to sleep aka read some more then sleep.
BUT WAIT!
The night was eventful.
You see: it
has started to rain. During the past few days the temp had dropped and the grey
menacing clouds rolled in. We went to sleep and were all (even Ido, which says
a lot) woke up from the loud pounding of the rain. And it was loud, people. So
there I lay, loving the rain, and yet disturbed from the racket it made
thinking: “why the eff is it so loud?”. And suddenly, it dawned on my
semi-sleeping brain: the overhead
windows are open. O-P-E-N. Meaning the rain had clear access to our lovely
home, which we like to keep dry. And being the brave, risk taker I am, I got
out of bed. OUT OF BED IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT. And stood like an idiot
underneath the open windows while rain poured down on me at the same time
jumping up and down like an moron trying to reach the damn closing handle. (My
height was an issue). After getting partially soaked, I headed back to my cot,
proud of my huge sacrifice.
I was a
hero.
הבהרות
1. אנחנו אוהבים גשם,
ואוהבים גשם שיורד עלינו כשאנחנו במקום סגור, אבל באמת הרעש היה כמעט בלתי נסבל.
במיוחד למי שישן עשרים סנטימטר מתחת לגג של הרכב.
2. הגשם ירד בעיקר על
המיטה של שירה, מה שלא הפריע לה להמשיך לישון.
3. אופיר באמת היתה
גיבורה. ועדיין, אני מודה שכשעשיתי את עצמי ישנה והצצתי עליה מקפצת ומנסה לסגור את
החלון, זה היה מאד משעשע. היתה בעיה של גובה.
4. סבים וסבתות –
כשאופיר כתבה
"eff"
היא התכוונה
"F"
מה שאומר
“fucking”
אבל
חינכנו אותה להיות מנומסת ותרבותית
You’re
welcome.
No comments:
Post a Comment